|Year : 2019 | Volume
| Issue : 2 | Page : 192-193
IJSTD quiz based on articles in volume 40 issue 2
Jatin Chauhan1, Abhishek Parekh1, Yogesh S Marfatia2
1 Department of Skin and VD, SSG Hospital, Medical College Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
2 Professor (Skin & VD), SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre; Former Professor (Skin & VD), Medical College, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
|Date of Web Publication||26-Nov-2019|
Dr. Yogesh S Marfatia
Nandvan Society, Yogidhara Flats, Alkapuri, Vadodara, Gujarat
Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None
|How to cite this article:|
Chauhan J, Parekh A, Marfatia YS. IJSTD quiz based on articles in volume 40 issue 2. Indian J Sex Transm Dis 2019;40:192-3
1. Cornoid lamella is a classical histological feature of
- Bowen's disease
- Lichen planus.
2. Diagnostic criteria of erosive vulvar lichen planus involves all except
- Symptoms of pain/burning
- Presence of vaginal inflammation
- Signs of basal cell layer degeneration
- Saw-toothed acanthosis.
3. Most common drug combination resulting in failure of ART is
4. Gold standard method to assess ART failure is
- Viral load monitoring
- CD4 count
- Clinical picture
5. Sample of choice for NAAT of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis is
- High vaginal swab
- Endocervical swab
- Perianal swab
- Periuretheral swab.
6. Which of the following is most common seroprevalent in hemodialysis patient?
7. HIV screening as per the CDC guidelines should be done for patients of following age group
8. Which of the following is an example of fourth-generation ELISA kit?
- SD Bioline.
9. Which of the following is most prevalent sexually transmitted infection in women of reproductive age group?
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Chlamydia trachomatis infection.
10. Lesions in HIV infection can be seen due to
- Actinomyces isarel
- Klebsiella pneumonia
- Escherichia coli
- All of the above.
11. According to American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines, acquired syphilis in children makes the diagnosis of ____________ a medical certainty
- Endemc syphilis
- Child sexual abuse.
12. Species of bamboo rats including Rhizomys sinensis and Cannomys bodius act as carrier of
- Penicillum marneffi
- Penicillum expansum
- Penicillum chrysogenum
- Aspergillus niger.
13. Gold standard for susceptibility testing of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
- Agar dilution method
- Disk diffusion
- None of the above.
14. HIV incidence ≥3 per 100 persons-years or higher in the absence of pre-exposure prophylaxis is known as
- Key populations
- Substantial risk
- Vulnerable populations
- Serodiscordant couples.
| Answer Key|| |
Financial support and sponsorship
Conflicts of interest
There are no conflicts of interest.