Year : 2019 | Volume
: 40 | Issue : 2 | Page : 192--193
IJSTD quiz based on articles in volume 40 issue 2
Jatin Chauhan1, Abhishek Parekh1, Yogesh S Marfatia2,
1 Department of Skin and VD, SSG Hospital, Medical College Baroda, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
2 Professor (Skin & VD), SBKS Medical Institute and Research Centre; Former Professor (Skin & VD), Medical College, Vadodara, Gujarat, India
Dr. Yogesh S Marfatia
Nandvan Society, Yogidhara Flats, Alkapuri, Vadodara, Gujarat
|How to cite this article:|
Chauhan J, Parekh A, Marfatia YS. IJSTD quiz based on articles in volume 40 issue 2.Indian J Sex Transm Dis 2019;40:192-193
|How to cite this URL:|
Chauhan J, Parekh A, Marfatia YS. IJSTD quiz based on articles in volume 40 issue 2. Indian J Sex Transm Dis [serial online] 2019 [cited 2020 Jan 22 ];40:192-193
Available from: http://www.ijstd.org/text.asp?2019/40/2/192/271591
1. Cornoid lamella is a classical histological feature of
PsoriasisPorokeratosisBowen's diseaseLichen planus.
2. Diagnostic criteria of erosive vulvar lichen planus involves all except
Symptoms of pain/burningPresence of vaginal inflammationSigns of basal cell layer degenerationSaw-toothed acanthosis.
3. Most common drug combination resulting in failure of ART is
4. Gold standard method to assess ART failure is
Viral load monitoringCD4 countClinical pictureHistory.
5. Sample of choice for NAAT of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Chlamydia trachomatis is
High vaginal swabEndocervical swabPerianal swabPeriuretheral swab.
6. Which of the following is most common seroprevalent in hemodialysis patient?
7. HIV screening as per the CDC guidelines should be done for patients of following age group
8. Which of the following is an example of fourth-generation ELISA kit?
9. Which of the following is most prevalent sexually transmitted infection in women of reproductive age group?
TrichomonasBacterial vaginosisCandidiasisChlamydia trachomatis infection.
10. Lesions in HIV infection can be seen due to
Actinomyces isarelKlebsiella pneumoniaEscherichia coliAll of the above.
11. According to American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines, acquired syphilis in children makes the diagnosis of ____________ a medical certainty
YawsEndemc syphilisPintaChild sexual abuse.
12. Species of bamboo rats including Rhizomys sinensis and Cannomys bodius act as carrier of
Penicillum marneffiPenicillum expansumPenicillum chrysogenumAspergillus niger.
13. Gold standard for susceptibility testing of Neisseria gonorrhoeae
Agar dilution methodDisk diffusionE-testNone of the above.
14. HIV incidence ≥3 per 100 persons-years or higher in the absence of pre-exposure prophylaxis is known as
Key populationsSubstantial riskVulnerable populationsSerodiscordant couples.
Financial support and sponsorship
Conflicts of interest
There are no conflicts of interest.